The Forest Service was met by protesters Tuesday (9/2/15) in a remote area in the Thompson Divide, southwest of Carbondale. The agency is starting a review of a proposal to drill an exploratory well. But, the group gathered doesn’t want any natural gas drilling. They say the area’s natural environment is too valuable. Aspen Public Radio’s Marci Krivonen reports. It’s tough to imagine coming up here for anything other than peaceful moments in the great outdoors. But about 40 people Tuesday...
Nation & World
- Fears Of Marijuana 'Monopoly' In Ohio Undercut Support For Legalization
- Tree Counter Is Astonished By How Many Trees There Are
- For A Baltimore Boutique Owner, A 'Joyous' Reopening After The Riots
- No Cause For Murder Charges In Arafat's Death, French Investigators Say
- From Dock To Dish: A New Model Connects Chefs To Local Fishermen