If an oil and gas company pays too much in tax, it can get a refund, called an “abatement.” Garfield County might see one or two of these each year, and it’s the libraries, hospitals and school districts, among others, who refund the money.
Nation & World
- After 16 Months, Trump Names An Ambassador To South Korea
- Asteroid Impact That Wiped Out The Dinosaurs Also Caused Abrupt Global Warming
- 'Very Perplexed': International Confusion, Concern After Trump Cancels Summit
- Kilauea's Latest Impact: Blue Flames And Beleaguered Residents
- NOAA Expects Hurricane Season For 2018 To Be Near Or Above Normal