The Garfield County Sheriff’s Office’s predicament of finding experienced officers appears to be quelled now that the agency is doling out $10,000 signing bonuses to new hires. Since the recruitment effort began earlier this year, most positions have been filled. That’s a far cry from previous years, when the office had a running newspaper ad looking for deputies. Aspen Public Radio’s Carolyn Sackariason spoke with sheriff Lou Vallario.
Nation & World
- Call The Pied Piper: New Zealand Wants To Get Rid Of Its Rats. All Of Them.
- Sanders Supporters Boo As He Calls For Them To Vote For Clinton
- A 'Messy, Messy Beginning' At Democrats' Breakfast In Philadelphia
- Why Would Vladimir Putin Want To Leak The DNC Emails?
- At Democratic Convention Kickoff Breakfast, Outgoing Chairwoman Booed