Mule deer may seem ubiquitous in the Roaring Fork Valley, but Colorado Parks and Wildlife say numbers of the species are below its target in some key areas near Rifle. The state agency plans to kill mountain lions and bears in an effort to help grow the deer population.
Nation & World
- Obama at Lake Tahoe Praises Conservation Efforts
- Venezuela Turns Away Journalists On Eve Of Planned Anti-Government Rally
- African Elephant Population Declines By 30 Percent
- Supreme Court Declines To Reinstate North Carolina Voter Restrictions
- Lead Levels Are Forcing More Than 1,000 Indiana Residents To Relocate
CrossCurrents is Aspen Public Radio's locally-produced public/cultural affairs program.