Update: July 20, 2018, 10:52 a.m: The Lake Christine Fire grew to 8,315 acres as of Friday morning. Rocky Mountain Type 2 Incident Management Team Black assumed command of the Lake Christine Fire at 6 a.m. this morning. The Type 2 team was requested due to increased fire activity, requiring a larger team to manage a wide range of needs associated with the incident as well as access to a wider variety of resources to aid in firefighting efforts. There will be a public meeting held Friday at 6:00 p.m. at Basalt High School. Representatives from the incident management team and cooperators will provide an update on the Lake Christine Fire and be available to answer questions from the public.
Nation & World
- Sleep Scientist Warns Against Walking Through Life 'In An Underslept State'
- Starbucks To Open First 'Signing Store' In The U.S. To Serve Deaf Customers
- North Korean Economy Suffered Sharpest Drop In 2 Decades, South Says
- Deported Guatemalan Man Desperately Awaits Return Of 9-Year-Old Son From U.S. Custody
- Survivors Of Political Violence 'Will Make Sure There's Peace' In Zimbabwe's Election